Saturday, March 28, 2009

Running

I have found a new hobby. Running. I know it's soooo unlike me. I usually like lifting and kicking and punching things, but somehow I have found a new peace in running. My friend Kami is running a half-marathon next weekend and she is the one whom convinced me to start running. I have started off with 3 miles, which totally kicks my rear!!! I don't get it! I can run like 5 miles on a treadmill without killing myself. Outdoor running is totally different. I have been trying to get Clay to run with me but he is not thrilled about it. So he is out! My brother is thinking of it but he probably won't pan out. My mom says she will, so there is one partner to run with. Anyone want to start of slow with me???? I want to run a 5k in April. Now to Jorja. Speaking of running, Jorja has recently taken off. Running!!! She runs from me! She barely turned one and now she is running. This may be a bad sign!!! It is so funny! She runs on her tippy toes and her arms straight behind her, like she is a airplane trying to take off. I can't believe how fast she is changing everyday. I love to watch her learn and grow each day. God has truly blessed me with a great daughter, even if she runs from me.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! 5Ks are fun fun fun! I love it too! And you're right outdoor running is VERY different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never liked running outside until after kirk was born either. it gives wyatt and i something to do together. we only go about 1-2 miles at at time though. if you do not have a jogging stroller, they make it much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda got Case this little red car with a long handle on the back for Christmas. It has a place to put his feet so they don't hit the ground. That thing stears so great. It's really easy to push while I run. I think she got it at wal-mart.

    ReplyDelete